Thursday 30 May 2013

Scans and Cake

So we had our 20 week scan on Tuesday. I'd been totally paranoid as I hadn't felt the babies move much yet and low and behold sonographer, puts the probe on my belly and they are leaping about all over the place. Cheeky little things! I feel them a lot less than their big brothers but I'm guessing that's because their placenta is all at the front and with the boys I had one at the front and one at the back. They were both totally fine, all structurally ok, no sigh of ttts or placental sharing issues and both above the 50th percentile for growth. We still don't know genders.. being very restrained!

Anyway here are Beanie 1 and Beanie 2 (We are soo going to have to think of some better names!)




On Wednesday we had the prematurity clinic and cervical scan (that was fun, 4 people in a room all looking at my cervix on a big screen- good job I lost all my dignity a while back!), I'm a bit more worried about this part of our treatment as it is all a bit scary and high risk but the Drs seem happy for now.. so if they aren't worrying then I'll try not to either!

Tonight I went to pregnancy yoga for the first time this pregnancy. I loved it when I went last time and I was slightly nervous about going again- Partly about the whole meeting lots of, mainly first time, pregnant ladies and trying not to freak them out whilst telling the truth about my situation, but also as it used to be my quality time with Matthew and Oliver.

I have to say that I have found bonding with my double bump hard this time round. Even when I see them on scans leaping around and kicking each other (and my bladder!) I don't feel like they are mine to keep yet and I don't feel the excitement that I felt with Oliver and Matthew. I am assured by everyone that this is totally and completely normal. But this evening I felt like I had taken a few teeny steps towards feeling a bit better about it!

As for the cake.. Tomorrow is Chris' 30-something birthday and I am trying to recreate this cake...



I have made the cake part and am decorating and assembling it tomorrow. Will post what it turns out like. Those of you who know me personally will remember that baking is not my strong point. I'm half expecting my scary old home economics teacher to appear at the door with a fire extinguisher!

No comments:

Post a Comment