Wednesday 4 September 2013

34+3- Getting "Unpicked" Tomorrow!- Updated

So tomorrow is the big stitch out day. Never thought I'd be writing that! I'm reporting to the hospital in the morning and after that we'll see what happens. The hospital doctors seem to vary greatly on what they think will happen, from thinking that I'll go in to labour more or less straight away to saying that they think I'll make my section date. I reckon that this is because having a stitch with twins is quite rare in itself and often people who do have one go in to labour before removal and have it taken out then... Think it is all a bit "off piste!"

Yesterday we had our last routine twins clinic appointment. The twins are measuring a whopping 5lb10oz and wait for it ..6lb3oz!!! I think that these sound to me like "proper" baby weights and also means that they have probably outgrown the first set of clothes that I got for their hospital bags. So that was today's job, going to Mothercare to buy "Tiny Baby" instead of "Early Baby" clothes.

The fact that they are now each roughly 3 times the weight of their big brothers makes me thankful that I have opted for an elective section rather than an induction if I get to 36 weeks. The way they are going, they will be 7lb+ by then and I don't think anyone ever fancies pushing out 14lb of baby!

Just to finish off, James, who is the elder of my 2 younger brothers, is very kindly doing the Great North Run to raise money both for Tiny Lives at the RVI (who looked after us after we lost Oliver and Matthew and may well end up being involved in the twins care when they make an appearence) and for the Leeds Mother and Baby unit who looked after My Sister in Law, Nephew and of course my Brother last year. Both are great causes so I've put the link below:
 http://www.justgiving.com/teams/Jhunt

Also,either Chris or Ben, my little brother, are doing the GNR for Tiny Lives and Cancer Research UK. Chris has a number but the run is on September the 15th so Ben will do it if I'm in labour or if the twins haven't appeared. I have visions of being at home watching it on TV and my water's breaking while he is in South Shields watching the Red Arrows fly past!


Me and the younger but taller brothers!
https://www.justgiving.com/teams/chrisorben

Keeping everything crossed for tomorrow!




1 comment: