Wednesday 28 August 2013

33w+3.. Count Down To Stitch Removal... Trying To Keep Busy!

Another week ticked off here I am at 33w+3, bored and quite fidgety! The problem is that when I get bored I tend to also get thoughtful.. and not necessarily in a good way!

When my mind is quiet that's when thoughts of all the million and one things that can still go wrong appear and when the tears for Oliver and Matthew tend to come! I also do daft things when I'm bored like watching last weeks episode of BBC 3's "The Midwives", which included a pregnancy after a loss, bereavement services and a twin C-section which went a bit wrong at the end. It was all a bit close to home. My mother in law had warned me.. should have listened (sorry Viv!)

So, I have been trying really hard to keep myself occupied, which is extra tricky when you have a stitch in and ar'nt supposed to be doing much. My normal hobbies of swimming (infection risk in the stitch), playing the Saxophone (no lung capacity and feet in my diaphragm) and walking (more like waddling) are pretty much out. In the past week I have achieved the following:

  • Finished and hung up the blooming nursery curtains!
  • Beaten Chris at University Challenge (his excuse was that I had 3 brains.. this didn't wash with me!)
  • Fixed the curtain tie backs in the lounge.
  • Made beetroot and apple chutney with the beetroot from our garden.
  • Washed and put away a load of baby clothes.
  • Made a photo book of our holiday to India and one for the twins about their big brothers.
  • Watched most of season 3 of "Breaking Bad".
  • Been out for coffee (dropped off and picked up from the door!)
 .....and gossiped with my friends in reall life and on Skype.

I'm now approaching the point where I just want them to be here! another week or so would be fab and I know that they are still better growing inside me for a little bit longer, but I want them out here so I can finally meet them and keep them safe.

I also went and saw my community midwife today. The normal one is in holiday but this one was lovely too. Anyway I measure 40w, heart beats and everything were fine and she thinks that the babies have swapped over to which one is the presenting twin! Anyway they are both head down and one is already engaged. We shall hopefully see what the scan says on Tuesday.

I'm not usually in to inspirational photos and quotes etc but I saw this on Facebook and it kind of sums up how I feel at the moment about Oliver and Matthew. It is great that I have got far enough in this pregnancy to stop worrying about the very premature element and I do feel a sort of cautious excitement. However no matter how wonderful it will be to have their little brothers or sisters here, I'll never forget my number 1 boys.


No comments:

Post a Comment