Monday 8 July 2013

26w+1 Hot Pregnant Lady Alert and Thank you MIL!

Well here I am hanging in there at 26+1.. While I'm under no illusions that I am out of the woods yet ,26 weeks is lots better than 24. Every Sunday when I get a week more pregnant I have been giving myself a little treat. This week we went to Krispy Kreme.... yumm.

Those of you who live in the UK will be aware that it has been unusually hot recently, even here in Newcastle, not renowned for it's Mediterranean temperatures. Whilst it isn't fab weather to be pregnant with twins in (swollen feet and lack of sleep) it is has been good for 2 reasons.

Firstly, one of the main reasons we brought this house was for the garden. For most of the time we have lived here it has looked more like a swamp/swimming pool/ ice rink/.. This weekend we actually had a BBQ accompanied by some of our own home grown salad!

Secondly, Chris' family all come from "Down South", Torbay in Devon to be precise, the land of clotted cream and apparently a tropical micro climate. (They have palm trees didn't you know!) Anyway, whenever any of his family come to visit us the weather up here is horrendous. BUT last week my lovely Mother in Law came up to keep me company and help out with my enforced being lazy and it was actually quite nice out, thus proving that I haven't dragged her only son up here for a lifetime of dampness and vitamin D deficiency.

While we were out in the garden today I got Chris to take a photo of me and my double bump. After we had Oliver and Matthew, I constantly regretted not having many bump photos. In this pregnancy I have obviously promptly forgotten this and still don't have many bump photos. So here is me and the Beansters, in the Geordie sunshine, sweaty and slightly sunburned (me, not them I hope!)...Send positive vibes that they are comfy and want to stay put for at least a few more weeks.

...Send positive vibes that they are comfy and want to stay put for at least a few more weeks.


Tomorrow we have a scan, a midwife appointment and a consultant's appointment so fingers crossed all is peachy and that I'll have good news to share!

No comments:

Post a Comment