Sunday 3 November 2013

6 Weeks Old- The Ripple Effect

Emily and Sophie are almost 7 weeks old, weigh about 7lb, have grown out of their first set of clothes and are just starting to smile! They are fantastic and are real little miracles.
Funky Bootees- Thanks Swain-Cruz Family and lovely cuddly blanket knitted by Great Granny.
Today I wanted to post about something that had never really occurred to me before. We had a fabulous Sunday lunch today with both my family and Chris' (who are up visiting). Sophie and Emily were surrounded by 2 sets of grandparents, a great granny, great aunt, 2 uncles, an aunty and "Big Cousin Aidan" We had a lovely time (especially now that I can have "pink" roast beef and a glass of wine!) and it got me thinking about something a friend mentioned a few weeks previously.

I met my friend and her identical twin boys for coffee the other week (if you get lots of attention going out with one set of identical twins imagine going out with 2!) She was also a semi permenant resident of Ward 34 and ended up having her boys a little early. We talked a lot about how our little ones were doing but then the talk turned to our respective traumatic pregnancies.

One of the things that we had both realised after our babies arrived safe and well was how people had been worried about us! It had never occurred to me (or her..and her condition was a lot more dangerous than mine) that anything would happen to us, it was all about the babies! I wasn't put off at all by the scary consent forms I had to sign and by the end of my pregnancy with Emily and Sophie I had had so much intervention (injections, internals, scans, drugs, examinations etc, etc that I would have let the hospital staff do absolutely anything to me to make sure that they arrived safely. When I got home I asked Chris if he had worried about me- the answer was "Of Course" but this had genuinly never crossed my mind!

All 4 of mine and Chris' children have been fortunate enough to have a very supportive extended family so here is a HUGE thank you from us for their support in helping us bring Emily and Sophie in to the world and a big sorry for all the worry.. hope we haven't created too many grey hairs!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment