Monday 17 June 2013

23 Weeks and Counting....

I'm now just over 23 weeks pregnant. The last time I was 23 weeks pregnant was just after my 30th birthday- The week before (my actual birthday) Chris had taken me to Edinburgh on a "Pamper and Panda" trip- I had wanted to see the Pandas at Edinburgh Zoo for ages!!!

The following week I was celebrating with my friends and family, we went to see "Dirty Dancing the Musical"- Not exactly high theatre but pretty much does what it says on the tin and was a good, girly laugh!

I can honestly say this is the last time I ever felt really happy and carefree. We had recently had our 20 week scan where our babies had been doing just fine, we were enjoying our celebrations and looking forward to meeting our babies just after Christmas. We had absolutely no clue of what was only just around the corner.

Me and the Hubby on our Kate's 30th Babymoon last September

This time being just over 23 weeks pregnant means something totally different. Every twinge is a panic. Every day brings me closer to when we met and then said goodbye to our gorgeous boys. I think if we get passed the 26, 27 weeks mark then the fear will start to lift but for now it is still there, a constant feeling of waiting for something to go wrong...

I guess that everyone who is pregnant again has these milestones and they way I'm feeling right now I think it must be supremely tough for people who lost their little ones right at the end of pregnancy..that milestone would take a long time to get too!

But for me the next few weeks are baby steps, day by day, because, unfortunately a couple of Valium and a large G&T are a no go!

No comments:

Post a Comment